Friday, April 24, 2015

Stretch Your Stamps

Hey there! Linda here. PlanIt Daily is definitely a planner stamp set. But it can be for so much more. Because stamps are an investment, might as well get the most out of them!

I used some of the words for this layout I created about my middlest and me. I rarely pose for photos and hardly ever with my middle child. He's fourteen, and in the throes of a major teen-angst-y-thing. He pouts and acts indignant over the silliest things. Alas, it did not stop me from forcing him to pose with me in front of a mural in San Francisco. Poor child.


Anyway. In looking at the photo, I realized that we are probably thinking very different things. I imagine he's thinking stuff like, "I hope no one sees us... I wish she'd stop taking so many photos... Boba tea... Donuts... Fried chicken!"


I was probably thinking, "Dang this kid is tall... My feet hurt... I wish the sun would come out... Boba tea... Donuts... Salad!"


And that's how the layout was born.

A few things you should know:

1. the layout is 6" x 6". The yellow polka dot paper is from a company no longer in existence. *sad face emoji The thought bubble stamp is from Lawn Fawn. I used pigment inks for the thought bubble and the words. I used pop up dots under the thought bubbles.
2. the journaling is printed directly on the patterned paper. I added a little white paper behind the photo. I love it when items from a layout stick out past the outer edges. Then I worry about how to get them into an album protector.
3. My child is not that much taller than me. I'm leaning against the wall, he's standing straight up. But I'm sure that will change soon enough.
4. We are on Jack Kerouac Alley in San Francisco, by the fabulous City Light Bookstore in North Beach. It's one of those stinky, funky alleys with huge murals. I love murals.

No comments:

Post a Comment